ContactSouth Florida Office
One Financial Plaza, 23rd Floor
100 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33394
(954) 492-4010 (tel)
(954) 492-1144 (fax)
(954) 492-4010 x1927
Erin T. Siska
Direct Dial: (954) 332-1774
Erin T. Siska, an Associate in Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb’s Insurance Regulatory Law and Corporate Transaction Divisions, has significant nationwide experience in insurance company licensing, compliance and regulation issues.
She works with insurers, reinsurers, insurance agencies, managing general agencies, third-party administrators and premium finance companies, among other regulated entities, on a multi-state basis. For her clients, Ms. Siska handles a broad array of compliance matters and corporate transactions, such as market expansion and withdrawal, Form A filings, responses to market conduct and financial examinations, and buying and selling books of business.
Ms. Siska, who often provides counsel to insurers on social media and advertising compliance, frequently drafts opinion letters for corporate counsel in regard to purchases, mergers and acquisitions involving regulated entities
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Siska practiced securities litigation in state and federal court and developed experience with the Fair Credit Reporting Act requirements and best practices. Before that, she served as a law clerk to the Enforcement Division of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission’s Southeast Regional Office.
A member of the Florida Bar Association and the Broward County Bar Association, she was recently appointed as Legislative Liaison to the Florida Council of the International Association of Insurance Professionals. In 2013, Ms. Siska was recognized by the Super Lawyers rating service as a Rising Star.
She earned her Bachelor of Science degree in communication, cum laude, from Florida International University in Miami, Florida, where she also received her Juris Doctor, cum laude. While there, she served as Articles Editor of the Florida International University Law Review.
- Insurance Regulatory Law
- Insurance Regulatory Compliance
- Corporate and Transactional Law
- Governmental and Legislative Affairs
- Florida International University, B.S., cum laude
- Florida International University, J.D., cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Florida Bar Association
- Broward County Bar Association
- Insurance Professionals of Southeast Florida - Secretary (2010-2011)
- Florida Council of the International Association of Insurance Professionals - Legislative Liaison (2012-2013)
Awards and Honors
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers–Rising Stars Edition 2013
- State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit: 2006, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
- International Association of Insurance Professionals Florida Council Meeting, September 2011
- 2008 Florida Office of Insurance Regulation Filing and Compliance Symposium, May 2008
Recently Published Articles and Media Appearances
LexisNexis Emerging Issues Analysis, January 2013: "Top Ten Insurance Regulatory Issues and Trends of 2012" by Richard J. Fidei and Erin T. Siska
- Daily Business Review; August 31, 2012; "Lawsuits Against Citizens to End Up in Leon County" by Erin T. Siska
National Underwriter; August 27, 2012: "Heavily Regulated Insurers, Producers Face Additional Risks When Using Social Media Sites" by Rich Fidei and Erin Siska
- National Underwriter; August 2012: "Address Social Media Risk With a Policy" by Rich Fidei and Erin Siska
- Daily Business Review; May 29, 2012; "Under-insurance May be Florida's Next Big Crisis" by Fred E. Karlinsky, Richard J. Fidei and Erin T. Siska.
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel Journal; Summer 2012; “Update Regarding Medical Loss Ratio Reporting Under Federal and State Law” by Fred Karlinsky, Rich Fidei and Erin Siska
- Daily Business Review, April 30, 2012; "PIP Reform Bill Cuts Incentives to Providers, Savings to be Calculated" by Katherine Scott Webb and Erin T. Siska
- "21st Century Holdings to take over 30,000 homeowners policies." The Miami Herald, December 5, 2008. Erin Siska, Esq. prepared and filed 21st Century Holding's line of business application, inclusive of required contracts, with the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation.
- Florida Department of Revenue: Bonuses Should Be Excluded from Insurers' Salary Tax Credit Calculations--October 29, 2008.
- From the Capitol to the Courthouse--Feb. 28, 2008 "Overview of Changes to Limited Apportionment Status" Ms. Siska, associate attorney at the firm Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb associate authored this article, which gives an overview of recent changes made to limited apportionment status guidelines.
- Daily Business Review, July 18, 2007--"Attorney puts together funding for two insurers" Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb attorneys Mike Colodny, Fred Karlinsky, Rich Fidei, Sandy Fay and Erin Siska assisted in securing $16.5 million and $7 million loans from Florida’s Insurance Capital Build-Up Incentive Program.
- Comm/Ent, Winter, 2006--"The RAVE Act: A Specious Solution to the Serious Problem of Increased Ecstasy Distribution: Is it Unconstitutionally Overbroad?"