ContactSouth Florida Office
One Financial Plaza, 23rd Floor
100 Southeast Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, Florida 33394
(954) 492-4010 (tel)
(954) 492-1144 (fax)
In Memoriam: Tracey K. McPharlin, 11/6/2010
Tracey K. McPharlin joined Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb, P.A. in 2000 as an Associate specializing in civil rights litigation, class action litigation, appellate proceedings and many of the foster care cases for which the Firm has gained prominence. Ms. McPharlin subsequently was named Partner in 2006.
A member of the Florida Bar, Ms. McPharlin has broad experience in both federal and state courts. She is admitted to practice in all Florida state and appellate courts, the U.S. Supreme Court, the 11th Circuit Court of Appeal and the United States District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida.
Her professional memberships include the Florida Bar, the American Bar Association and the Broward County Bar Association. She also is a member of the Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court and the American Civil Liberties Union.
Ms. McPharlin received her Bachelor of Science from Nova Southeastern University in 1997. Before earning her Juris Doctorate, magna cum laude, from Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center in 2000, Ms. McPharlin served as Articles Editor on the Nova Law Review. She served as a law clerk for the Department of Justice, United States Attorney’s Office, Civil Division, Southern District of Florida, participating in all aspects of litigation in Title VII and Americans with Disabilities Act claims against government employees, and Federal Trade Commission Act, section 1983, and Bivens claims against government agencies. Ms. McPharlin also served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Wilkie D. Ferguson, Jr., United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida, where she prepared research memoranda regarding the applicable law in constitutional due process cases, and Title VII, ADA and IDEA claims.
In 2009, she was elected Statewide Chair of the Florida Bar's Public Interest Law Section.
· Children's Rights
· Personal Injury/Civil Rights
· Appellate Practice
· Employment Law
· Nova Southeastern University, B.S., 1997
· Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center; J.D., 2000, magna cum laude
Professional Associations and Memberships
· Florida Bar Association
· American Bar Association
· Broward County Bar Association
· U.S. Supreme Court
· Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
· U.S. District Court for the Northern, Middle and Southern Districts of Florida
· Stephen R. Booher American Inn of Court
· American Civil Liberties Union
· Florida Bar Public Interest Law Section Legal Needs of Children Committee; Vice Chair, 2007-'8; Chair, 2008-'9
· Florida Bar Public Interest Law Section; Chair, 2009-10
· Pro Bono Service Award from the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Guardian Ad Litem Program; 2002
· Florida Bar Annual Meeting, 2006-9
· 2008 Section 1983 Civil Rights Litigation Seminar, April 17-18, 2008
· 2007 State of the Florida Insurance Market Summit, Dec. 2007
· Georgetown Section 1983 Civil Rights Seminar, Apr. 2007
· Florida Bar Legal Needs of Children Committee CLE on Child Hearsay Issues, Spring 2007
· 2008 Section 1983 Civil Rights Litigation Seminar at Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., April, 2008
· ACLU of Florida Lawyers' Conference; 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007
Recent Published Articles and Media Appearances
Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky & Abate Partner Tracey McPharlin Elected 2009-2010 Chair of the Florida Bar Public Interest Law Section, June 26, 2009.
Daily Business Review--Oct. 22, 2007 "Girl Awarded After Being Molested by DCF Investigator" Ms. McPharlin and Colodny, Fass, Talenfeld, Karlinsky, Abate & Webb Parther Joel Fass successfully defended a child in a lawsuit against a child protection investigator with the Florida Department of Children & Families.